Saturday, November 21, 2009

Writing a New Story!

I started a new story about a week ago and am very EXCITED about it!!  I've yet to do much plotting for it, sort of writing it by the seat of my pants which is not my usual style, but it seems to be working.  I instantly had a really strong heroine and hero who butt heads constantly, sparks fly between them, and the story seems to just unfold and roll out as I type!  It's a lot of fun so far.  I was daydreaming the other day and randomly got images of these two characters in my head and a scene where they were arguing and then I started writing and BAM. 

It's a paranormal romance tentatively title The Summoner's Fallen Guardian.  My heroine, Juniper, is plagued by phantom voices that overlay her own thoughts, pleading and demanding to be Summoned.  In one fateful night, Juniper summons one of the voices to physical form, the hero and very angry, fallen angel, Naberius.  (Naberius is a temporary name for the time being, I'm not sure if I love it yet). 

Risking Existence has been temporarily put on hold.  I'm still working on plotting the series (probably four books), but the first book is giving me a lot of problems.  It needs a lot of time to develop still.  I'm not going to rush, because Risking Existence promises to be an amazing story when it's finished. 

I'm always scared starting a new story.  It's hard to imagine reaching that 100,000 word count when you're only at 8,000.  It seems like an impossible goal.  I tend to overthink things and start worrying WAY too early.  I'm trying to crush that habit with this story, submerging myself in the battle between my characters, let what happens happen, and just focus on the pure fun of writing the story.  I suppose this is my--very late--NaNoWriMo story.  I had a different story about the trapped spirit of a dragon that I was writing, but it just didn't have the momentum that The Summoner's Fallen Guardian does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment